Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Friday, January 11, 2013

Beaded Purse

I really enjoy playing with the beads I have collected and I have found wonderful videos on youtube from a bead store owner, Kelly Dale, who owns "Off the Beaded Path", isn't that a cool name?

Kelly posts videos almost weekly and she is very clear in her instructions, so if you want to learn how to make some great jewelry, check out her videos.

Anyway, Kelly posted a video about making a small purse charm that I really wanted to make, so here is the result of that experiment:







I think it turned out pretty good, the last picture is to give a perspective on its size next to a pair of my cheater glasses.  The hardest part was the top of the purse with the seed beads, I used clear beads and I had trouble threading them onto my nylon thread.

If you are interested in checking out Kelly's video, please watch it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment