Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Thursday, January 2, 2014

PaperCrafter's Corner - Week 35

I am finally getting to do an entry into the Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Monday - Week 35 .  I really loved this week's inspiration:

                 
Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays - Week Thirty-Five Inspiration Piece (image)

There is so much going on with this Magazine cover that I wanted to use.  First I focused on the word "ART" and went looking for quotes about "Art".  I found some very good ones and some I would never use on anything!  I went to The Graphics Fairy , the go to place for digital images thanks to Karen!!  After playing around with the different elements, I had 3 that I really liked and because I couldn't decide which I liked best, I used all 3!   So for my entry this week, I did not make a card, as I normally would, I made a wall hanging for my craft room.
The frame is one I found at a garage sale and I painted it with blue paint, than dry brushed on some white gloss paint and ended with rubbing on some metallic gold paint with some paper towel.
My three "ART" quotes layered on paper from a K&Company paper pack.  The dimensions on the inside of the frame are 10" x 13".  I used the packaging from my Martha Stewart score board to make the backing because the original frame backing was torn up.
The large blue flower and the sheer ribbon were bought at a garage sale, the metallic flowers and the beaded fringe are from Hobby Lobby.  The white flower with blue on it was bought at JoAnn's in a package.
The tassel was found at a garage sale and the beautiful pearl medallion was won from Angela Holt Designs who is also my inspiration for making this frame!  What she can put together with random pieces that she has is "Amazing"!!


The flowers used in this cluster were bought at Arne's in Houston, TX.  They have some wonderful ribbons and floral accessories to purchase for weddings, etc.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed looking at my new "Art" piece for my craft room!


3 comments:

  1. wow, this is gorgeous...great score on the frame!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the colours on the frame tie it all in together - lovely work. I came here via cjs14; it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downright gorgeous "piece of art"!!!! I too buy frames from the garage sales to "refurbish"...actually that is where my hoop came frame!! Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete