Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fishing Vest Album

Kathy Orta at Paper Phenomenon has an Outdoor's Man album project that was the pattern for the project I made.  Kathy's was a more generic paper to cover a lot of different male outdoor pursuits.

This is my take on it:        




I made my matchbox large enough to hold an 8.5 x 11 inch album.
Behind the jacket is this:
And the inside of the matchbox drawer looks like this:

I made this whole project to give to a fundraiser for the Warrior Weekend "Muster" Organization.  Each year this organization sets up a weekend for those individuals who have Served our Country.  They take these heroes out for a weekend of fishing.  That is why I thought it was appropriate to make a Fisherman's Vest.

The album I made was not the one Kathy used in this project.  Since I wanted a bigger album, I used a pattern by Laura Denison called Photo Pholio.  I did not even follow all of the Photo Pholio pattern completely...I used pages from the One Flip, Two Flip album that is also designed by Laura Denison. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment