Thank you for visiting my blog! :)

I have been inspired by all of the crafting blogs I have visited. This blog is my way to share items I have crafted, websites I have found, and just about anything that I find interesting. Enjoy...I hope you find something you will like!


Thursday, June 5, 2014

Vintage Mail Box

My boss is retiring this week and I thought that the Vintage Mail Box from Laura Denison Designs
would be a nice gift.  It did not take long to put together and was fun to make.

Graduate album

A co-worker asked me if I could make two albums for college-bound high school graduates.  I am almost always up for making something new, so I told her I was happy to make them for her.  She gave me the colleges they were accepted at and to make 5 pages in the album.  I made both albums the same with different color schemes.  The influences for the final album go to

Heart of a Gypsy, Gladys W. Moreno who made the above video.  Also, the hidden hinge that I learned from Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon was used on my album.  I used portions of the
Photo Pholio from Laura Denison from Laura Denison Designs and also Follow the Paper Trail.  Influence was also from Angelwings14100 and so many other talented youtube crafters that share their skills and ideas for the rest of us.  Without further ado, with the color scheme of black, grey, and gold here is the pages from one of the albums I made:

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fishing Vest Album

Kathy Orta at Paper Phenomenon has an Outdoor's Man album project that was the pattern for the project I made.  Kathy's was a more generic paper to cover a lot of different male outdoor pursuits.

This is my take on it:        

I made my matchbox large enough to hold an 8.5 x 11 inch album.
Behind the jacket is this:
And the inside of the matchbox drawer looks like this:

I made this whole project to give to a fundraiser for the Warrior Weekend "Muster" Organization.  Each year this organization sets up a weekend for those individuals who have Served our Country.  They take these heroes out for a weekend of fishing.  That is why I thought it was appropriate to make a Fisherman's Vest.

The album I made was not the one Kathy used in this project.  Since I wanted a bigger album, I used a pattern by Laura Denison called Photo Pholio.  I did not even follow all of the Photo Pholio pattern completely...I used pages from the One Flip, Two Flip album that is also designed by Laura Denison. 

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Beaded gifts

I came across the prettiest heart shaped pendent video tutorial on youtube!!  The video is easy to follow and the project takes about 30 minutes to complete after everything the supplies are assembled.  Here is what the last bunch of pendents look like:

I had already made another five that I have already given to co-workers.  This is what my supplies look like:

And the link you have been waiting for.....

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine's Day!